Los Angeles, CA
I am a Lead UX and Product Designer, driven by data and heart. In the last 6 months, I have launched a proprietary B2B mobile product, shipped several bottom-line raising consumer-facing features, in addition to leading a full redesign and rebranding of a multi-platform consumer facing app. My passion lies not just in building products, but in building and mentoring teams.
EXPERIENCE DESIGN MANAGER
Heal | Century City, CA | April 2017 - present
Spearheaded the product design team, creating an intuitive experience and service that brings comprehensive, accessible healthcare to users.
- Shipped a full redesign and rebranding (UX and UI) of the consumer-facing iOS, Android and responsive web-based apps in 6 weeks
- Launched an iPad app for for our providers, including task management and scheduling features
- Led the design of new products features, including telemedicine, primary care physicians
- Designed Wellbe, an in-home hub that connects multiple health devices, syncing together with the Heal consumer and provider apps, moving Heal from a service to a technology company. Honoree at CES 2018.
- Established a design research practice by leading user interviews, usability testing, contextual inquiry and synthesized research into actionable insights
UCLA Extension | Los Angeles, CA | May 2017 – Present
Instructor for UCLA Extension Visual Art’s User Experience certificate program, currently teaching and designing curriculum for UX: Mobile First and User Experience I.
UX DESIGN LEAD
Left Field Labs | Marina Del Rey, CA | Oct 2016 – June 2017
- Led UX on an app for celebrity fitness client, Tone It Up
- Spearheaded strategy and user research efforts (recruitment, contextual inquiry, card sorts, synthesizing and analysis), spearheading feature creation and app functionality. I created personas and user flows, and designed the interface for the iOS app
and the accompanying CMS
- Featured in App Store in Oct ‘17 and as App of the Day in the App Store in January 2018
Team One | Playa Vista, CA | Aug 2015 – Oct 2016
- Established user-testing practices as the lead UX researcher in the agency
- Designed and implemented research practices by establishing the agency’s first enterprise usability lab
- Trained teams cross-functionally on user-centered design practices and research.
- Worked on the Lexus business, providing expertise for .com optimization, creating personas, user journeys and responsive web designs.
- Managed and mentored a team of 3-4 experience designers (junior level and interns)
FREELANCE UX DESIGNER
Independent Contractor | Los Angeles, CA | Oct 2014 – Oct 2016
Full-service UX offerings, including strategy, research and design. Clients have included CBS, RAPP Los Angeles and Adopt-a-pet.com.
RAPP | Los Angeles, CA | Jul 2013 – Oct 2014
- Mastered responsive design and rapid prototyping for a full site redesign of Gerber.com
- Implemented qualitative research plans and strategies, creating data-driven user personas for Bayer’s first digital product launch for Adempas
. Lead teams in creating useful and effective experiences for clients such as Gerber, Bayer, Humana, Merck (NuvaRing, Nexplanon), Pfizer (Viagra), Electrolux and Comcast NBC Universal
USER EXPERIENCE DESIGNER & CONTENT STRATEGIST
Night Agency | New York, NY | Oct 2014 – Oct 2016
UX work for clients including Purina Dog Chow, PowerBar, Hanes, Champion, Kiehl’s, Buitoni and Toyota
FREELANCE UX DESIGNER AND INFORMATION ARCHITECT
Independent Contractor | New York, NY | Jan 2009 – Jul 2012
Freelanced as a UX designer and information architect in the New York area, working on projects for clients such as FedEx Office, WebMD and Pfizer across several platforms.
User Research | Mobile UX/UI | Responsive Web | Service Design | iOS and Android
User Experience | User Research | Responsive Design | Sketch | Prototyping | Mobile Design | Invision | UX Strategy | Principle | Rapid Prototyping | User Interface Design | Interaction Design | Style Guides | Personas | User Journeys | Adobe Creative Suite