In June 2014, myself and an awesome team of RAPP creatives participated in the first ever Comcast NBCUniversal Hackathon. In 24 hours we created the concept for Thumbnail, a news platform targeted toward the millennial audience.
• Provides a customized, personal experience for every individual user
• Adaptable to varying consumption behaviors throughout the day
• Content-agnostic and inclusive: leverages and learns what the user prefers, from breaking news to politics to sports and celebrity gossip
• Proprietary and own-able actionable branded “Do” button
• Non-intrusive, yet highly relevant programmatic ad platform
• Builds on existing social behaviors to make consumer adoption effortless
This win ultimately led to RAPP taking on Comcast NBC Universal's Media Lab as a client, building a strong relationship that lasts to this day.
- NBC News: Comcast NBC Universal Hackathon Winners Announced
- The Video Ink: Comcast NBC Universal's Hackathon Winners Announced
- Light Reading: Comcast/NBCU Hackathon Produces First Winners
- NorthJersey.com: Bergen Count Teams Take Honors at Comcast NBCUniversal Hackathon